Reader Romina pinged me with a question last week, and I thought it was a good question to address here for everyone. Her question was…
I’m going to India, with miles, of course, but I have to buy two domestic legs and was wondering if you have any suggestion.
If I buy the tickets, what is the best international airline to credit the miles from KingF, jet airways and air india?
I believe this question is something which a lot of travellers to India would have on mind. My answer to her was in terms of American programs, but I’ll drop in a word with regard to other programs too.
Indian airlines are not yet aligned with any alliances, so, they have conveniently aligned themselves with some carriers in all the alliances so far. Although, you won’t be able to get EQMs on crediting these miles, but Bonus Miles for sure. Also, most airlines will credit using their minimum miles criteria though it is always advisable to check on the airlines website for rules regarding class of booking and corresponding mileage credit. For instance, BOM-GOI is a 280 miles flight, but if I credit it to KLM/AF Flying Blue, I get a 500 miles credit.
With the expected induction of Kingfisher Airlines in oneworld in early 2012, you should be able to credit mileage into your corresponding oneworld mileage account.
Here are some of the key programs, sorted by continents for your usage as of today:
- American Airlines: Jet Airways, Kingfisher
- Continental: Jet Airways, Kingfisher
- Delta: Jet Airways, Kingfisher
- United: Jet Airways
- US Airways: Jet Airways
- Virgin Atlantic: Jet Airways
- Air France: Jet Airways, Kingfisher
- Alitalia: Jet Airways
- Austrian: Jet Airways
- bmi: Jet Airways
- brussels airlines: Jet Airways
- British Airways: Kingfisher
- Finnair: Kingfisher
- KLM: Jet Airways, Kingfisher
- Lufthansa: Jet Airways, Air India
- Swiss: Jet Airways
- Turkish: Jet Airways
- ANA: Jet Airways
- Cathay Pacific: Jet Airways
- DragonAir: Jet Airways
- Emirates: Jet Airways, Kingfisher
- Etihad: Jet Airways
- Gulf Air: Jet Airways
- Malaysia: Jet Airways
- Singapore Airlines: Air India
- Qantas: Jet Airways
- Qatar Airways: Kingfisher
- Kenya Airways: Jet Airways
- South African Airways: Jet Airways
You can have a more detailed look at these pages: