Recently, I wrote about a deal-of-the-day promotion which was being put out by Indian domestic low-cost carrier Spicejet. The promotion got over recently, and to replace it, Spicejet brought out a new promotion called My Number My Discount, where your cellphone number gets you discounts on your tickets booked on the carrier.
Here is how it works:
- Select the cities you want to fly between, select your flight, and confirm your travel details.
- On the Contact page, fill in all the relevant personal details including your 10 digit mobile number.
- If your flight selection matches the list of flights on which this offer is valid, you will be eligible for the daily discount.
- The discount will be revealed only on the payment page.
- The discount amount is applicable to every one way ticket booked under this offer. (This offer is not valid on round trip).
The offer is not valid on all sectors of Spicejet, and you can find the list of flights it is valid on here.
I tried making a sample booking, and a small discount of INR 450 (USD 9) turned up on the one-way flight. This looked very small as compared to the round-trip fares discount offered on an on-going basis by the airline. Don’t worry, the phone number here is a helpline phone number.
The promotion is valid for booking and travel till 15th April 2012, and the booking needs to be made on the airline website. Take note, you can’t book return trips here, but one-way only.
In my assessment, the promotion is good if you’re making journeys close by. Do make it a point to check the savings on the one-way bookings vis-a-vis the return fares offered. Hit me up with questions in the comments section below and I’ll be happy to answer.
What is your assessment of this promo? Are you going to make good use of it?