Its been a while since I’ve given you an update on the Citibank PremierMiles credit card. If you’re a Citibank Jet Airways credit card holder, the date to convert to the PremierMiles credit card is coming closer and you have one more week to call the Citibank helpline and get your card converted. I recently reviewed the ‘new’ PremierMiles credit card. If you call before 30 June 2012 to convert your card, you get the new Citibank PremierMiles credit card for Rs. 1,000 annual fee and 10,000 PremierMiles in your account after your first transaction.
Here are some pointers to add to your decision-making if you haven’t made your decision yet. Like you know, Jet Airways has been offering 3x miles on top of the existing mileage offered on the usage of the card till July 15th. So, you could be earning 16 miles per Rs. 100 spent.
However, Citibank has been out with some sweet deals of its own to get people started on using the card. You get 10 PMs/Rs. 100 for airline spend, but till 30 Sept 2012, you also get 10 PMs/Rs. 100 for all spends outside India and all spends in hotels (Indian and international).
Here are some new additions to the card offering over the past 2 weeks:
- Delta SkyMiles and Avios have been added as transfer partners to the PremierMiles program, along with Air India Flying Returns, Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer, Thai Air Royal Orchid Plus and Cathay Pacific Asia Miles.
- For the Visa Signature card holders, you now get 20 trips to the lounges per quarter rather than the 5 trips per quarter as presented earlier.
While I am still crossed with Jet Airways and Citibank about withdrawing JetPrivilege transfer without any notice, I say the card is getting better as things go on. I’m personally spending a lot on this card these days and all my hotel spends and out of India trips are getting charged to this one.
So, there we go, if you want this card, you should pick up the phone and get Citibank to swap your card right away. It takes 3-4 days for the new card to reach you and I hope this current mess with Jet Airways will only help Citibank get a superb product going.
- Citibank Premier Miles Card changes and special promo on international spends
- Burn Notice: Citibank and Jet Airways – friends turning foes!
- Sunday Plastic: The ‘new’ Citibank Premier Miles Credit Card
- The Citibank Premier Miles Credit Card: It Works!