Air India recently received its third 787 plane, the first one completely built in their new facility in Charleston. This plane, VT-ANI has arrived in India on Tuesday, and now Air India has the sort of numbers to rotate planes for an international flight of the medium/long-haul variety. Like I posted earlier, this was the plane expected to be handed over a while back. Another 787 is coming to them in October 2012, and then one more expected by the end of this year.
Air India is now expecting to launch their international flights on the Delhi-Frankfurt route from October 15, 2012. However, habitual of them, they have not updated this in the GDS yet, and there is no trace of this update on their own ticketing engine as well. However, Air India was using the 787s for the Delhi- Dubai flight since September 30.
In the meanwhile, one of the Boeing 787’s received by Air India, VT-AND, is already grounded for a few days. As per the airline, the front cargo door ‘disintegrated’, without anything hitting the plane. They are waiting for spares to arrive, and Boeing is investigating the matter.
- Air India’s 787 updates
- Air India’s first revenue flights of the Boeing 787
- Air India’s 787 first revenue flight on DEL-MAA 19 Sept ’12!
- Why I am not too hopeful with the Air India 787 induction?!
- The Jinx is broken. Air India has been delivered a Boeing 787-8!
- A first look inside the Boeing 787 Dreamliner which will go to Air India