Last week was the fare-sale from Indigo and SpiceJet, where they were offering fares as low as Rs. 1,699 for a 72 hour period. Now, it seems, full-service carrier Air India has decided to follow the same route and offer a fare sale on all its domestic routes.
From today till November 21, Air India will be offering all inclusive fares in four fare slabs Rs. 1,799, Rs. 2,699, Rs. 3,699 and Rs. 4,199 for flights on all their domestic routes for the period of travel being between 16th January to 31st March 2013.
Here are some of the fares which will be available:
- Chennai-Delhi: Rs 3,699/-
- Delhi-Kolkata: Rs 3,699/-
- Chennai-Mumbai: Rs 2,699/-
- Delhi-Mumbai: Rs 3,699/-
- Chennai-Kolkata: Rs 2,699/-
- Kochi-Trivandrum: Rs 1,799/-
- Chennai-Pune: Rs 1,799/-
- Imphal-Guwahati: Rs 1,799/-
- Kolkata-Bhubaneswar: Rs 1,799/-
- Mumbai-Ahmedabad: Rs 1,799/-
What is better, is that these fares are stackable with the existing round trip discount Air India already offers to book via their own website www.airindia.in, along with 500 Air India Flying Returns miles per segment booked via their own website. Have a look at a sample reservation I tried, on DEL-BBI in February 2013. You note that fares are displayed as INR 3,590 one way, which is another 3% discount. However, this won’t be applicable on one-way reservations.
A tad bit higher than the last sale, but good for a full-service carrier. Book up if you please!
- Flash Sale: Indigo 72 hour sale, travel Jan-March 2013
- Last few hours to book tickets on Indigo and Spicejet in a sale