Things are going sour very fast between Jet Airways and Citibank. Earlier in May 2012, they parted ways on the Jet Airways/Citibank credit card and things have never been the same again between the two. Jet Airways ended up partnering with 3 banks to counter their earlier partner Citibank: HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank & American Express.
However, the statement at that point of time was that Citibank Ultima – the super premium luxury card product from Citibank, was not going to be affected with this turn of events. Ultima is an invite-only product, and one of the benefits of the product is that it comes with Jet Privilege Platinum tier membership, a heapload of Jet Airways miles and vouchers.
Turns out, this membership is also on the rocks now and both partners are parting ways within a month or so. While the website of Citibank still states that the benefits are available, such is not the case, and with effect from January 2013, the Jet Airways benefits will no longer be offered. What could be a replacement? We don’t know yet!
Drat, so many credit card companies and just one full service airline of note? We definitely need more airlines to get elite privileges on
- Burn Notice: Citibank & Jet Airways part ways on co-branded credit card
- Jet Airways ties up 3 co-branded credit card partners
- Sunday Plastic: HDFC Bank Jet Airways co-branded card
- Details about ICICI Bank Jet Airways co-branded card announced
- Jet Airways American Express co-branded credit card launched