Air India is flush with their Boeing 787s now, and as per the recent reports have received 4 Boeing 787 planes as of December 31, 2012.
Since September 2012, when they took delivery of the first plane, the 787’s are now in operation on various domestic as well as international segments for Air India. They are frequently found on DEL-BLR-DEL, DEL-MAA-DEL, DEL-CCU-DEL in the domestic skies.
Internationally, Air India first put them out on the Delhi – Dubai segment (DEL-DXB-DEL), and then introduced a flight to Frankfurt on the 787s in October 2012. Air India says the 787 has made this route operationally profitable.
With the addition of new planes, now the next route which is intended to be moved to a 787 is the Delhi – Paris route with effect from 10 January 2013.Flight information has already been updated on the Air India website which is usually uncharacteristic of Air India, and in line with a post on FlyerTalk in this regard.
So, more routes now for you to try out the Boeing 787-8!
- Air India moves Delhi – Frankfurt to a 787 from October 2012
- Air India’s 787 updates
- Air India’s first revenue flights of the Boeing 787
- Air India’s 787 first revenue flight on DEL-MAA 19 Sept ’12!
- Why I am not too hopeful with the Air India 787 induction?!
- The Jinx is broken. Air India has been delivered a Boeing 787-8!
- A first look inside the Boeing 787 Dreamliner which will go to Air India