Singapore Airlines is offering special Bonus Miles to KrisFlyer members flying to USA from the 11 Singapore Airlines and SilkAir airports serviced from India. The following airports are covered: Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Coimbatore, Hyderabad, Kochi, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi, Thiruvananthapuram and Visakhapatnam. The promotion offers:
- 9,500 bonus miles for travel on the First and Business class.
- Enjoy 7,500 bonus miles for travel on the Economy class.
While this is not something that new members should jump out for, existing Singapore Airlines loyalists, and there are lots in India, could look out for some extra miles in their accounts with this promotion. However, if you bank your miles on another Star Alliance carrier, this could be of no use to you.
Here are the all important terms & conditions:
- Bonus miles will be awarded only after completion of round trip travel
- KrisFlyer members are eligible for the bonus miles only if the qualifying flown miles are also credited to their KrisFlyer account.
- Tickets must be issued between 01 January and 15 February 2013.
- Travel must commence between 01 January and 30 June 2013, and be completed by 30 June 2014.
- Bookings must be made on eligible booking classes: R / F / P / Z / C / J / D / S / Y / B / E / M / H / W.
- edemption bookings are not eligible for this promotion.
- Usage of the KrisFlyer miles is subject to the terms and conditions of the KrisFlyer programme.
Krisflyer also ran another promotion for 5,000 bonus miles for new account openings last year, and looks like they are now seriously looking at India for they expansion of their loyal customer base, since a couple of years now they have been quiet on this front.