While the Jet Airways sales came and went over last week, Air India was late to the party of announcing cheaper air fares. However, their fare announcement did not come with an expiry date it seems, and when I checked for some tickets this morning, I could still see that Air India was selling tickets at the new promotional prices they announced last week.
These fares are available for dates of travel beyond 7 days, and up to September 30, and could be booked on www.airindia.in, any travel portal or an offline travel agency. This seems like a good opportunity for those who still have not been able to decide on their plans. If you know your timelines now, you should act on booking these tickets, since I am not sure on how much longer these tickets will exist. You can find all the details here.
- Air India puts one million seats on sale for travel till Sep 30
- How to work the current fare sales in India: a primer
- Spicejet enters the fare war with Jet Airways
- Indigo undercuts Jet Airways Fare Sale!
- India’s biggest fare sale:book Jet Airways till Feb 24, travel till Dec 31
- The economics of Spicejet’s fare sale and justifying the regulator’s action
- Spicejet sale: Rs. 2013 a.i. for travel anywhere in India
- Indigo & GoAir matching SpiceJet sale on some routes