Cathay Pacific has been adding Premium Economy seats since early 2012 to its planes over the past months, and has steadily introduced it on the Indian flights as well. To promote the Premium Economy product, they are offering double miles for travel in Premium Economy, wherever the service is available. From India, this was available on the Delhi – Hong Kong route and will be made available on the Mumbai – Hong Kong Route from March 2, 2013 onwards. The Hyderabad & Chennai flights are also being upgraded.
If you are a new member to the Asia Miles product, you will additionally earn 500 miles to sign on. For this promotion, you need to register, and then book tickets in the Premium Economy classes (ticket fare classes W, R and E). Have a look at the video on Frequently Flying for Cathay Premium Economy.
Premium Economy is available on flights from Hong Kong to and Australia (Adelaide, Brisbane, Cairns, Melbourne, Sydney and Perth), Europe (London, Frankfurt, Milan and Paris), India (Delhi), the Middle East (Bahrain, Dubai, and Jeddah), South Africa (Johannesburg), Canada (Toronto and Vancouver) and the US (Los Angeles, New York and San Francisco). This offer will only be available on flights to Milan, Chennai, Abu Dhabi, Hyderabad, Mumbai and Chicago from the first quarter of 2013.
Free Flights from Mumbai to Asia, if you book Premium Economy by March 10, 2013
Additionally, to celebrate the launch of Premium Economy from Mumbai to Hong Kong, Cathay Pacific is offering a combination fare, where you could book a ticket with Cathay Pacific on their Premium Economy product to go to Hong Kong, and get a further ticket free from Hong Kong to China, Japan, Taiwan, Korea, Indonesia, Philippines & Vietnam in Economy, free of cost.
Basically, if you booked on Premium Economy, you’d get the Mumbai-Hong Kong segment in Premium Economy (which also will earn double miles till April 30, 2013), but will include a short haul economy segment later. Take this example to Hanoi, Vietnam below, and the selected flight:
Interesting promotion, since you are, potentially getting a free upgrade to Premium Economy on the BOM-HKG-BOM segment. I checked the prices for BOM-NRT-BOM in Economy and Premium Economy for various dates, and that is how I arrived at this theory, since the prices were the same, and if I checked Premium Economy, I got Premium Economy on BOM-HKG-BOM and Economy on HKG-NRT-HKG.
Here are the salient details:
- Sales period :Till 10 March 2013
- Travel period : 02 March 2013 to 31 December 2013.
- Asian Destinations include online destinations in China, Japan, Taiwan, Korea, Indonesia, Philippines and Vietnam.
- This offer is applicable for travel from Mumbai in Premium Economy class only. Travel between Hong Kong and final destination will be in economy class.
- Under this offer, the FARE or Base Fare will be the same as Mumbai to Hong Kong in Premium Economy class. Passenger will have to pay Taxes, Fees, surcharges and any other airport fees if applicable under this promotion for the selected itinerary.
- The fares detailed in the offer/promotion are subject to availability and offered on a first come, first served basis.
- The limited number of seats for the subject fare allocated to a particular flight may be fully booked although seats are still available in other fare types in the same class of travel.