While my experience with Etihad Guest (Etihad’s loyalty program) has not been the best till date, Etihad may be a serious contender for loyalty games in India given that sooner than later they will have a equity tie-up with Jet Airways. Etihad introduced a Gold Elite tier in 2011, and offered status matches to their Gold tier in 2012, which was a botched up exercise at best.
Just today, Etihad has enhanced, and by that I really mean enhanced, their benefits on the Etihad Guest Gold Elite tier, some of which are good additions. The new program enhancements include the following:
- Increase in tier bonus miles from 50% to 75%
- complimentary nomination to Etihad Guest Gold tier to a member of their choice
- Guaranteed reservation of a Business Class Seat 48 hours out
- Access for self + guest in the Diamond First Class Lounge
- Check-in at First Class counters
Clearly, they are matching the Emirates Platinum status that was recently introduced on the lines of Emirates getting into a tie-up with Qantas.
The requirements to attain Etihad Gold Elite are pegged at 60 segments, or 125,000 tier miles, and then 48 segments or 100,000 tier miles to retain it.
- Emirates launches a new Platinum tier
- Jet-Etihad come closer, EY buys 9W’s LHR slots
- Etihad Guest status matches completed!