Spicejet is trying to get it right, one more time. However, it’s strategy to open new stations and routes which haven’t been flown before from India, is clearly not working. For instance, Pondicherry, which was opened up a year ago, is now being closed.
The airline announced the following route changes as a part of its summer schedule:
- Withdraw Pune – Bangkok
- Withdraw Varanasi – Sharjah
- Withdraw Delhi – Guangzhou
- Pondicherry is being closed down
- Trichy is being closed down
- Hong Kong & Dhaka will be the new stations in the network (Details not available yet)
So, for an airline which has been trying to get it right for a few years, this is one more time they are trying to make it work.
If you’re booked on any of these flights after March 30, 2014, then you should connect with the airline so that they can either rebook you on another carrier or refund your ticket.