This morning, less than a week after the 50% off fare sales from all 5 domestic airlines Spicejet, Indigo, GoAir, Air India and Jet Airways/JetKonnect got over, Spicejet was back in the market with a second fare sale this morning, this time promising 30% off on weekday travel for booking 30 days out. Indigo matched the fares in a few hours. While I wrote this, GoAir came into the mix as well. [Update: Air India and Jet Airways seemed to have joined this sale as well on the night of Friday 31 January 2014]
The key terms and conditions on this one as follows:
- Book between 31 January 2014 and 2nd February 2014 for +30 day travel upto 15 April 2014.
- 30% discount on base fare and fuel surcharge is being offered
- Only Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday travel attracts this discount
- You need to ticket via an online travel agent, airline website or travel agent. Not available on purchases from airline ticketing counters.
Here, a BOM-DEL ticket which usually prices at INR 6000 rupees, comes down to INR 4,600 approximately.
SpiceJet’s website showed the same rates as well.
I don’t think this sale will go with Air India and Jet Airways this time around, but then, airlines always tend to surprise, right?
- SpiceJet 50% off sale till 23 Jan 2014
- Indigo matches SpiceJet 50% off sale
- Indian Fare Sale update: Air India joins in the 50% off sale
- India Fare Sale Update: Air India, Jet Airways, Go Air, Indigo & SpiceJet offering 50% off fares
- Indian Fare Sale: Indigo, SpiceJet & GoAir offering 50% off on all fares