Clearly the movies and flying have been interconnected for a long time, but Virgin Atlantic is trying to make an interesting twist on the Indian movies business, by riding a discount promotion on the Bollywood plank. They’ve announced a new promotion called “Feel like a Star”, where they are offering discounts to people with the 12 first names listed below, since the airline says these are the 12 most often used names in Hindi movies:
While the process of getting this list out is debatable because my first name is not on this list , the airline is offering a 5% discount on economy fares and 10% discount on premium economy fares for people with these names. The bookings are open from March 18 to April 17 2014 for travel up to July 31 2014 across the Virgin Atlantic network. The salient T&C are below:
- Offer valid for tickets issued for Economy and Premium Economy only effective 18 March to 17 April 2014.
- Discount as applicable 5% discount on 99% off the Gross Fare in Economy and 10% discount on 99% off Gross Fare in Premium Economy on the above said 12 names only
- This offer is applicable on any sale fare as well which Virgin Atlantic may promote during the offer period.
- Valid on tickets issued/paid for in India.
- Last date for outbound travel is 31 July 2014.