British Airways is offering double Avios for travel between India to London and return, on all trips originating from India between June 5, 2014 to July 31, 2014. You can be booked on a longer trip to another destination in the UK, or onwards to North America or Europe, and you will get Double Avios credited on your India to London sector. You need an Indian address in your Executive Club account to be able to benefit from this promotion.
Now, a regular BOM-LHR-BOM flight in economy would net you 8,938 Avios excluding any tier and cabin bonuses. Using this promotion, you get a double bonus Avios, which nets you 17,876 Avios. If you are a BA Gold, you get another 8,938 Avios, and apart from any other cabin bonuses. In short, this is a great promotion if you choose to earn Avios.
Additionally, if you are travelling to the UK, you can also benefit from the British Airways promotion offering you the cost of your visa fees as a part of the ticket cost as well. This would reduce the cost of your ticket by another INR 8,400 if you use the promotion.
Here are the important terms & conditions:
- Double Avios can be earned on all bookings and travel commencing on or before 31 July 2014
- India registered Executive Club members travelling from India to UK / USA / Canada & Europe can earn double Avios.
- Double Avios would be awarded only on the first return leg of the journey. Rest of the journey would earn normal Avios as applicable. For example, DEL-LHR-JFK-LHR-DEL will earn Double Avios on DEL-LHR-
- Promotional classes O/Q and redemption classes Z/U/P are exempt from the offer. However Z/U/P/ would earn Avios if used as upgrade classes.
- Double Avios applicable on BA/AA flights operating to BA gateways only. Offline destinations not covered under promotion.
- British Airways offering free UK visas from India this summer
- Air India offering double miles on Italy flight
- Jet Airways offering special fares and double miles on Mumbai-Paris-Mumbai