My question seems to have been answered. Via the Mint newspaper, it seems like the CEO board of Star Alliance finally voted to receive Air India in their network, and Air India will be joining the network formally about 20 days from now:
State-owned Air India Ltd will join the Star Alliance grouping on 11 July
The person cited above said the airline will join the alliance on 11 July and one of Air India’s Airbus A320 will be painted in Star Alliance colours for the event.
There is a formal announcement expected in India later today, followed up by an announcement from Star Alliance later. I am surprised how does AI get the first rights on breaking this news.
- Air India expected to join Star Alliance by Summer 2014
- Air India finally gets invited into Star Alliance
- AI, should it join the Star Alliance, and would it
- AI misses its flight to the Star Alliance
- AI and Star Alliance can’t seem to make up their mind
- Air India’s attempt to sneak into Star Alliance