The days of American style sign up bonuses are finally coming into India. There is a new promotion that has been sent out to members of Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer program this morning, which gives you an extra 10,000 PremierMiles for spending at least INR 50,000 on the new card within 60 days of activation.
While I have a review of the Citibank PremierMiles Credit Card I did in 2012, here is a quick summary of the features:
- All spend earn 4 PremierMiles per INR 100 spend
- Airline purchases and accelerated partner spends earn 10 PremierMiles per INR 100 spend. GoIbibo, Yatra, Raymonds, Bookmyshow are some of the accelerated spend partners.
- All PremierMiles convert to Airline miles in a 1:1 ratio to Air India, Singapore Airlines, Thai, Qatar, Etihad, Delta, Eva Air, British Airways, Malaysia Airlines, Cathay Pacific miles.
- PremierMiles can also be converted to Taj Inner Circle Points, HHonors Points and IHG Reward Club Points
- PremierMiles can be redeemed for INR 0.5 value against air tickets on websites of Yatra.com, Goibibo.com, Indigo and Premiermiles.co.in
- You get 10,000 PremierMiles as welcome gift on first transaction of the card. You get 3000 PremierMiles annually as renewal benefits.
- Lounge Access in line with Visa or MasterCard privileges.
- Frequent bonus offers/promos which allow you to earn extra miles.
- Fees is INR 3000 annually, not waived.
With this promotion, new signups are basically getting an opportunity to spend INR 50,000 in two months, and get an additional 10,000 PremierMiles, which is very much achievable. Hence, for your spend, you get 20,000 welcome miles plus all the miles on your spending categories as well.
Here is how PremierMiles can tip you into amazing business class or first class travel experiences.
If you are in the market for a new Citibank PremierMiles credit card, this is a very good opportunity to get yourself one. Follow this link, although it is only for KrisFlyer members, you don’t have to be a member of the KF program to sign up for the card via this link.
Here are the important terms & conditions:
- Citibank PremierMiles card applications must be submitted before August 31, 2014.
- You must spend at least INR 50,000 on your card within 60 days of card issuance to be eligible for the 10,000 PremierMiles.
- The bonus 10,000 PremierMiles will be awarded within 90 days after the end of your spending period.
- These 10,000 bonus PremierMiles are over and above the 10,000 PremierMiles granted as an activation bonus for first transaction of INR 1,000 within 60 days of card issuance.
- Sunday Plastic- The ‘new’ Citibank Premier Miles Credit Card
- Singapore Airlines Business Class- my best PremierMiles redemption till date