IHG is really the first one off the bat with their 2015 promotion, which is very similar to their customised promotions these days such as the Big Win. I gave a miss to their 2014 “Into the Nights” promotion as I focussed on getting my Hyatt Diamond status lined up for 2015. In hindsight, maybe it was good because IHG had problems executing the program at least in the period September – December 2014 with the Into the Nights promotion.
Now, the next customized promotion is live for the first trimester of 2015, and it is called Set your Sights, and it is already live for registration.
This time as well, everyone gets a promotion which is customized as per their tiers/spend/stay patterns and so on with IHG. For instance, I’ve had a few stays with IHG this year, and most of them have been award stays. But I get this promotion to get ahead with 80,000 bonus points.
My offer is laid out as follows:
- 4800 IHG points: Book 2 stays with the app
- 8800 IHG points: Stay 6 nights and earn 8,800 points
- 4800 IHG points: Stay 2 weekends including a Saturday night (plus Friday/Sunday)
- 2000 IHG points: Book Business Success special Rate
- 9600 IHG points: Stay at 2 Intercontinental Hotels
- 9600 IHG points: Stay at 2 IHG hotels outside your country of residence (different countries)
- 400 IHG points: Spend $60 on F&B at IHG hotels
- 40000 IHG points: Completion of all the tasks/offers
This is a very interesting promotion, and I’m going to gloss over the fact if I want to go for it or not.
The base offer:
For newly opened accounts, or for the so called dormant accounts, there is the following promotion that a friend received.
This, is a very easy promotion in my view and can be tackled by staying 3 nights and doing so over a weekend, and making Holiday Inn your hotel of choice.
Remember, while the promotion is open for registration right now, you get to accrue the nights only with effect from January 1, 2015.
For India residents, they can tag it along with the India promotion as well which gives a free night for 3 India nights!
What are your promotions, and are you going for it?