I really love it when there is real competition in the skies, and players are all trying to win the battle. Ever since the announcement last year that Jet Airways is back to being a full service carrier, I’ve seen shades of them upping the game. They have added a lot of new online functionality, and are in the process of working even more on the website.
One new feature/benefit that has been provided this morning is the ability to cancel/amend bookings online, within 24 hours of making a reservation.
Several times, you may make a travel plan but things fall apart or you need to reconsider. In this case, Jet Airways is making it easy for you to stick with them, because they will be able to return your money to you in full if you need to make that switch, within 24 hours of booking. This facility is being offered on domestic as well as international flights of Jet Airways.
How does this work? Jet Airways is essentially offering you the capability of booking tickets online (via app and website), and later decide if you want to use them or not. For trigger happy bookers like me, this is a boon, because if we spot a good deal, we can now go for it and later think about the implications.
The salient Terms & Conditions include:
- This facility is applicable only for bookings made on jetairways.com on or after 12 January 2015.
- Cancellation or Change can be availed within 24hours from the booking creation and must be done using the Manage Booking Facility on jetairways.com.
- Guest will not be able to avail this feature offline.
- In case of a change to the booking, only the penalty fees will be waived off. Any additional amount to be paid due to the increase in fare will be charged to the guest.
- The Manage Booking facility can be accessed for bookings up to 1 hour prior to departure for flights within India and up to 3 hours prior to departure for international flights.
Basically, this is a benefit that the American flying population has had for a long time, and also some other airlines such as British Airways offer it as well. But it is key to note that you need to directly book with Jet Airways via their e-commerce platform to be able to avail of this benefit. And a great reason they just built to make their e-commerce platform sticky to the core!
Do you see more benefits to you with this new enhancement by Jet Airways? Do you think other airlines will catch up soon?