The Hotel Promotions for 2015’s first quarter/trimester are out, and some of them are really sweet for the India focus. I thought this would be a good time to summarise all the hotel promotions, and analyse them from the Indian perspective so that you can pick your affiliations for the first quarter.
- IHG India Free Nights (Get 1 Night free for 3 nights in India/Nepal) + Set Your Sights: IHG is running a superb promotion for their members in India and Nepal. For every 3 nights you spend in India/Nepal, you get a free night certificate which you can spend at their hotels across the globe in the whole of 2015. The promotion runs till April 30, 2015. This can be combined with the global Set Your Sights promotion, where you get an individual offer depending on your previous engagement with IHG hotels across the world. You need to register.
- Hyatt 2500 points India bonus + Stay More Play More promotion: Hyatt is trying to establish the Gold Passport program in India in a big way, with all the billboards at airports and movie theatres that I see. Anyhow, they are running a promotion for stays at India properties, where using a promotion code INDIA, you do get 2,500 bonus points per stay till March 31, 2015. You can club this with the Stay More Play More Global promotion, which runs till April 30, 2015 and also offers customised offers to all Hyatt Gold Passport members. Additionally, there are many custom offers from all the Hyatt hotels around India, available here. You need to register.
- Club Carlson Extend your Stay (15K for 2 nights, 30K for 3 nights + 10K targetted): Club Carlson is running a promotion where you get 15000 bonus points for a 2 night stay, a 30000 bonus points for 3 nights stay, and you can get these bonuses for all your stays where you have a 2 or 3 night continuous stay. Also, some members got targetted offers to get another 10,000 points. Club Carlson has some great properties in Europe. You could use the stash there. Valid for stays till March 29, 2015. You need to register
- Marriott Spring MegaBonus: While I haven’t written about this promotion before, Marriott is running the Spring MegaBonus promotion between February 1, 2015 and April 30, 2015. You get 2,500 bonus points from your second stay onwards and you can max out at get 25000 MR bonus points. There are other custom offers as well, which you can check in your Marriott Rewards profile. You also have an option to earn JPMiles.
- SPG Double Play: Again, a promotion I haven’t written about. Starwood is running a global promotion where you get double base points on stays of 2 nights or more between January 5, 2015 to March 31, 2015. You get 1000 bonus Starpoints per 5 nights as well. You can combine this promotion with the Amex+Starwood Mobile Phone booking promotion. On the other hand, you get Starwood Gold Status for 1 stay with a World MasterCard before July 13, 2015.
My business travel for the year hasn’t started yet, so I haven’t figured out my strategy yet as well. However, which of these promotions are you looking to maximise?