One of the strategies Jet Airways used to protect its market on the Delhi-Mumbai, Mumbai-Ahmedabad and Delhi-Ahmedabad sectors, which were launch sectors for Vistara, was to offer 2x base miles on these sectors in Economy, and 3x base miles in Business Class. This promotion comes to an end on March 31, 2015.
A few days ago, Vistara announced their flights to Goa and Hyderabad. At that time, I wondered when would Jet Airways be reacting by announcing more miles on these segments, and they did do this yesterday, however, they made me wait for over a month!
Anyhow, just last evening I got word that JetPrivilege will be offering bonus miles for travel from 18 March 2015 to 31 May 2015 on the segments: DEL-GOI/GOI-DEL (via BOM) and DEL-HYD/HYD-DEL. Your tickets could have been booked anytime. You need to have an Indian address to be able to get these bonuses. While JP insists in their T&C that you need to register for the promotion, there is no actual link to go anywhere, and I don’t think you need a registration anyways.
The catch with the Delhi- Goa flight is that one needs to route via Mumbai since Jet does not have a direct flight between Delhi and Goa.
Here are some terms & conditions that are important to know:
- This promotion is valid for travel between 18th Mar’15 – 31st May, 2015
- This promotion is applicable for travel between Delhi, Hyderabad and Delhi, Goa sectors and is open for all India based JetPrivilege members
- The offer is applicable on Delhi-Goa-Delhi sectors for connecting flights taken via Mumbai only.
- The offer is applicable on Delhi-Hyderabad-Delhi sectors for bookings with no break in journey.
- Applicable for booking on jetairways.com or through travel agents only
- Applicable on Jet Airways marketed and operated flights only
- Offer is not applicable on codeshare flights marketed or operated by Jet Airways
- Applicable only on revenue tickets on Jet Airways flights and excludes travel against award or complimentary tickets.
- The bonus JPMiles will be credited within two weeks after the flight activity
So then, my next question is, when is JetPrivilege/Jet Airways starting to offer 2-3x miles on Delhi-Pune-Delhi and Delhi-Bagdogra/Guwahati-Delhi?