Qatar Airways has announced a global sale this morning, where they are offering 2 business class seats for the price of 1 seat in most markets they operate in. Dubbed Double the Luxury sale, the sales allows booking between 11th and 17th May 2015 for travel between 15th May 2015 and 10th December 2015. You can check out the details of this promotion here.
The sale is offering 2 seats for the price of 1, when you can book tickets in the I fare class. Why do I call them excellent? For instance, take this fare I located between Mumbai and New York later this year, where two passengers can travel on a roundtrip for INR 250,000 which is a sweet deal for sure.
Availability is all over the place, and a lot of routes and segments are working. While I am using Indian examples, the sale is a global one, and the following routing and minimum stay rules apply:
- Sale period: 11th-17th May 2015.
- Travel period: 15th May – 10th December 2015. All travel must be completed by 10th December 2015.
- Blackout dates (travel not allowed): 10th – 20th July 2015 and 20th August -10th September 2015. Additional blackout dates apply in some countries.
- Valid on Qatar Airways operated flights worldwide, with the following exceptions:
– All itineraries originating from Australia, Eritrea, Indonesia, Nepal, Singapore and Switzerland
– All flights to Jeddah and Madinah
– All flights from Hong Kong to Doha as a final destination. Sale is valid on itineraries originating in Hong Kong and transiting in Doha.
– All itineraries that do not include Doha as a transit point. Examples: Buenos Aires – Sao Paulo. Sale is valid on itineraries with flights originating in Doha, transiting in Doha, or flying to Doha as a final destination.
- Applicable for 2 to 8 passengers travelling together on the same booking. This includes bookings for children or infants if they are occupying a seat.
- To be eligible for this offer, an adult fare needs to be booked for a child. Infant fares (when an infant does not occupy a seat) can be booked at 20% of the adult fare except for travel originating from Iran where it can be booked at 10% of the adult fare.
- Valid on return flights only. All passengers must travel together on all sectors of the itinerary.
- Discount applies to Business Class return tickets. For flights where Business Class is not operated, First Class is applicable.
- Seats are limited and are subject to availability of the relevant booking class: I and A for Business and First Class travel.
- Minimum stay:
– From Africa and the Middle East: First Class (A) / Business Class (I) – 2 days
– From all other origins: First Class (A) / Business Class (I) – 5 days
- Maximum stay: 3 months for First Class (A) and Business Class (I)
- Cancellations before and after departure are non-refundable, except for travel originating from Brazil, Iran and South Korea where cancellations before departure are refundable at a fee. Please refer to the fare rules at the time of booking.
- A no-show fee of USD 500 is applicable on top of any change or cancellation fees. Please refer to the fare rules at the time of booking.
- Qatar Stopover is not permitted.
If you have any travel planned later this year, or can plan it out, over the next week, then this is a pretty good fare deal for premium cabin travel.