Hello from Mumbai. It has been a couple of weeks since I am back on the ground after the #redcarpettrip and the trip report is underway. I had the opportunity to also make a quick trip to Bangalore last week, and I found a new gem in the process. Here are all the interesting stories from the week(s) gone by.
The trip of a lifetime that Shipra and I took across the US of A and Bora Bora. The highlight of the trip originating from Mumbai was the fantastic service that Singapore Airlines provides on their planes, and celebrating Shipra’s upcoming birthday with the airline crew.
Here is a catch – up incase you haven’t read about it yet:
- #redcarpettrip: We are back to base!
- Trip Introduction
- Pranaam GVK Meet & Greet Departure Services, Mumbai Airport Terminal 2
- Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport GVK Lounge, First Class
- Singapore Airlines Suites Class BOM-SIN, Airbus A380
- Free S$40 for transiting Singapore Changi
- Singapore Airlines Private Room, Singapore Changi
- Singapore Airlines Suites Class SIN-NRT, Airbus A380
Last week, I happened to pop into a fantastic new lounge at the Mumbai Airport Terminal 2 which is accessible for the domestic passengers using the airport.
Loyalty Program News
There has been action from Jet Airways and Vistara on account of their loyalty program privileges. One gave us something and one took something away from us. Here is a brief:
- JetPrivilege to withdraw +1 Lounge Access for Platinums
- JetPrivilege sent me 2000 free JPMiles
- Club Vistara redemptions possible online with a 50% discount
- Club Vistara bonus promotion: 500 CV points after every two flights
There is movement in the world of credit cards. Here is the key recap:
- Citibank will be moving to a new concierge service provider. This is valid in India w.e.f. February 1, 2016.
- HDFC Bank Credit Cards: My horrible experiencing transferring miles from Diners Black
Here is hoping you have a great week ahead. What are your plans to earn miles, points and status in the coming week?