SpiceJet announced a new membership product yesterday, called SpiceClub, which allows members to store prepaid value usable towards SpiceJet on a card, and also use privileges on SpiceJet for a full year. The card is priced at INR 399 per annum, and has perks up to INR 10,000 as per the airline.
Here are the benefits that come along to get you started:
- 2 free vouchers worth INR 399 each to be used for domestic flight bookings (at INR 798)
- Free Air Ticket on Member’s Birthday
(to be used for flights on the day of your birthday, and booked at least 30 days in advance. Only Base fare is waived)
- Marriage Anniversary Special – 50% off on Domestic Air Tickets for 2 passengers (for use only on flights on the day of your marriage anniversary)
- Free Priority Check-in (2 times during the duration of your holding the membership)
- Add-ons* Special- 2 vouchers worth Rs.100 each to be used for domestic flight bookings
(for use against add-ons such as SpiceMax, Bag Out First, MyFlexiPlan, Excess Baggage, FlyForSure, Preferred Seat Selection)
- Preferred communication for any SpiceJet Promo Sale
I was fishing around for the fine print on the website, however I did not find any. I even paid INR 399 to get access to the product, and I was able to sign up smoothly. I am now waiting to receive some sort of communication from SpiceJet to receive all the fine print about how things will work on this.
I am very impressed with whosoever inside SpiceJet is coming up with all these new inventive products and services. I’m also waiting to see if there will be some sort of physical card sent to me, or just some vouchers sent in email which will detail how to use up every perk from Spicejet. But if the terms are liberal, I sure think this is a good investment to make. But if they expect me to fly on my birthday or marriage anniversary to anywhere, they sure got it wrong!
Have you signed up for SpiceClub? What are your impressions about this new launch from SpiceJet?