In our current series covering Trident Privilege, we have talked about status earning and points earning over the past days. One of the most underrated features of the program, is how they reward you as you go along over a period of time.
You may or may not decide to hold status in the program over the years, but as long as you continue to keep coming back and have your Trident Privilege number on your reservation, you get various perks over a period of time, including free stays over the long term. Have a look:
- Dining Certificate worth INR 1,000 or 2,000 bonus points on completion of 3 stays
- One time Room Upgrade Certificate on completion of 5 stays
- One time Suite Upgrade Certificate on completion of 10th, 20th and 30th stay
- Complimentary Spa Therapy Certificate on completion of 15 stays
- Dining Certificate worth INR 5,000 on completion of 25 stays
- Complimentary two nights in a standard room on completion of 50 stays.
- Complimentary two nights in a suite on completion of 100 stays.
I do not place much importance on some of the upgrade certificates, as long as they do not assure of an upgrade like Hyatt does. However, I do like the other rewards they give away for being loyal to the chain over a period of time, such as the dining certificates and the complimentary spa therapy and the complimentary stays.
The important thing to note is that these benefits are not related to annual stays, but you get these awards over a period of time as you continue to make stays with the program.
This is an interesting piece to promote loyalty over a period of time. Many a hotel programs do not have this bit announced and formalised. For instance, Hyatt Gold Passport sends you goodies after staying at 50 different properties and so on. So, good on them if they have managed to put out a formal structure to reward long term loyalty in the first go.