Virgin Atlantic Flying Club is offering PremierMiles & Prestige customers a bonus on transferring their points into the Virgin Atlantic Flying Club program till April 17, 2016. On a normal day, 2 PremierMiles = 1 VA Flying Club Mile and 1 Citi Prestige Point = 4 VA Flying Club Miles. However, under the promotion, 2 PremierMiles = 1.25 Flying Club Miles and 1 Citi Prestige Point = 5 VA Flying Club Miles. The request needs to be initiated till April 17, 2016 to be eligible for the bonus.
Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Miles require you to add a fuel surcharge for redemptions, so your mileage may vary on redeeming VA miles for flight tickets. However, you can also use your VA miles to transfer into your HHonors account in a 2 Miles = 3 HHonors points ratio (Pro tip, again the ratio is useless as compared to directly transferring from HHonors)
Here are the salient T&C for the promotion:
- Minimum 100 PremierMiles or 250 Citi Prestige Points need to be redeemed.
- 25% Bonus Flying Club miles offer valid for transfers to Virgin Atlantic Flying Club completed between 3rd March 2016 (00:01 IST) and 17th April 2016 (23:59 IST)
- The transfer of miles may take up to 14 days to reflect in your Flying Club account
- A submitted request to transfer miles may not be cancelled, and the miles in a submitted request may not be returned to your Citi Credit Card account
- In order to transfer to Virgin Atlantic Flying Club, you must have an eligible Virgin Atlantic Flying Club account, and the first and last names on your Citi Credit Card and Virgin Atlantic Flying Club account must match
Virgin Atlantic adds fuel surcharges to their redemptions, and only has one flight operational from India in Delhi. So I won’t personally transfer any miles in this scheme of things. However, if you do have a redemption in mind and need a few more miles, this is a good opportunity to top up.
Readers, would you be using this opportunity to transfer miles to VA Flying Club?