Much on the lines of Citibank PremierMiles which has conducted many an International spend promotions, American Express is now offering bonus 2MR/INR 100 extra for all American Express transactions that will be conducted on non co-branded Amex cards issued in India between the duration May 15, 2016 to July 15, 2016.
You need to register for this promotion between April 25, 2016 to May 4, 2016, to be able to participate in the 2MR/100 INR extra INR promotion, and only spends made in non INR currencies count. You get the additional Membership Rewards points credited 90 days after the promotion ended. Here is the link for the signup form.
Here are the important terms & conditions of this promotion. Full T&C available here:
- This offer is open to all American Express® Consumer Proprietary Cardmembers whose accounts are valid and in good standing. An American Express Cardmember (“Cardmember”) for the purpose of this offer means a person holding a Card, issued either by American Express or a third party bearing the name or trademark or service mark or logo of American Express (“Card”). This offer is not applicable on American Express Corporate Cards. This offer is not applicable on Consumer co-brand cards i.e. Jet Airways Platinum Credit Card, MakeMytrip Credit Card and Payback Credit Card.
- Enrolment for the offer is compulsory to be eligible for bonus Membership Rewards® Points during the enrolment window 25th April, 2016 to 4th May, 2016.
- Only transactions done in foreign currencies between 15th May, 2016 to 15th Jul, 2016 will be eligible for Bonus Membership Rewards® Points. Foreign currency means any currency other than Indian Rupees. If your transaction is converted into Indian Rupees before being submitted to us (for example, if the merchant gives you the option of converting the transaction to your local currency at the point of sale), you will not earn [bonus 2 points] points on that spend
- Bonus Membership Rewards® Points will be credited in Cardmember’s account within 90 days from the offer end date i.e. 15th July, 2016.
- Two Bonus Membership Rewards® Points will be awarded for every INR 100 equivalent of the transaction amount in foreign currencies.
I do not see any harm in signing up for this promotion, if you hold a non-cobranded Amex (an Amex that earns you MR points not miles). If you use it for international transactions, you get a lot of bonus MR in the process, which is always a good idea.
Are you going to use the Amex bonus MR promotion? Do let us know your plans?