One of the benefit of the partnership between Jet Airways and Etihad Airways (which owns 24% of Jet Airways), is that Etihad has synchronized Jet Airways as a partner airline across its network. This is good news for Jet Airways customers and elite members of JetPrivilege as well, since the lounge access facilities at various airports are now offered at Etihad’s lounges, rather than third party lounges where Jet does not have its own presence.
Etihad has gone about establishing a series of lounges across the globe, in its reckoning to edge out Emirates as a super-premium carrier, and some of their lounges are very good. Jet Airways, as a part of the Etihad Airways partner network, has synchronized their lounge access with Etihad, getting a good product for its customers, as well as hopefully getting cheaper access rates as compared to any other lounge in the airport. The benefit to Etihad, of course, is not just about having a wider web of customers, but also improved utilization of their lounge network.
Lounge Access for Jet Airways customers
When Jet Airways’ customers are flying a premium cabin on an Etihad flight (either 9W-codeshared or on its own EY code), or when Jet Airways’ JetPrivilege Gold and Platinum members are flying Jet Airways (9W codeshare on EY metal or 9W’s own flights), or Etihad flights while putting their Jet Privilege elite status on the boarding pass, they get access (self only) to Etihad lounges at the following locations:
- Abu Dhabi : Etihad Premium Lounge and Etihad Lounge
- Dublin : Etihad Airways First & Business Class arrivals Lounge
- Frankfurt : Etihad Airways First & Business Class Lounge
- London Heathrow : Etihad Airways First & Business Class Lounge
- Manchester : Etihad Airways First & Business Class Lounge
- Paris : Etihad Airways First and Business Class lounge
- Sydney : Etihad Airways First and Business Class Lounge
- Washington : Etihad Airways First and Business Class Lounge
What beats me is that the Etihad lounge at New York does not feature in this list, and is the only Etihad Lounge not available for the moment to Jet Airways elites it seems.
If you are an Etihad or JetPrivilege elite, you should be able to access some of these premium lounges around the globe.
Have you visited an Etihad Lounge yet? Do share your experience in the comments section below.