Hello from the heated up Mumbai fellows, where it is about time for a Sunday nap after a lovely hi tea this morning, before an evening show of Captain America: Civil War. #teamironman this side, the both of us! Let’s come back to a recap of the stories of last week on our site. Do check out AirportLounges.in, our newest microsite about all the lounge access around India. To the Mom’s, happy Mothers Day, I do hope you have registered your kids for mileage earning opportunities already.
Last week, I had the chance to be at an event to launch the Etihad flight between Mumbai and Abu Dhabi on the A380. Amongst one of the many media stories doing the round about the plane was the fact that Mumbai to New York was the most expensive plane ticket in the world. We researched and found the real winners. On another note, thanks to a question posed in the Parliament, we found out exactly how many people were upgraded in Air India flights over the past 3 years. There is one update as well on the lounge access for Jet Airways’ travellers on the Etihad Airways’ lounges.
- World’s most expensive flight costs $38,000 o.w. between London to Sydney on Etihad Residence
- Air India upgrades: Statistics reveal…
- JetPrivilege Lounge Access to Etihad Lounges
Credit Card Updates
While last week we figured that HDFC Bank has a whole year with Diners Club 10x partners, they changed their mind this week. If you ever need to fly British Airways, there is a sweet 10-12% discount for you.
- HDFC Bank flip flop on Diners Club 10x Partner Program
- British Airways up to 12% discount on Citi Cards
Amongst the various hotel promotions that went live last week, a couple of them were from IHG. You can earn points for booking directly with the chain, get a 1000 points just to register, and more points for putting your room service bills on the final folio. Jet Airways is offering 2x JPMiles if you fly Mumbai to Singapore with them. Starwood is now offering the Triple Up Promotion from tomorrow, and registrations are open.
- IHG offering upto 30,000 points to Book Direct [1,000 points to register!]
- 2X points for spends at IHG across half the world!
- 2x JPMiles on Jet Airways Mumbai-Singapore flights
- Starwood’s “Triple Up” Promotion [Registrations open]
A man in Delhi stole over 20 million Avios from British Airways and then used them to buy hotel rooms. Lesson is not just to not use it for hotel rooms, but also to keep your account secure.
More to come this week. Do enjoy the weekend, whatever is left of it! Safe travels and happy miles to you!