Hello from Phoenix Mills, Mumbai guys! It has been a week on the ground, and still been pretty busy. Here is a quick roundup of everything we covered in the week gone by.
The best news I heard all week was about India and the United States signing an MoU for getting Indian passports into the ambit of the Global Entry programme of the Customs and Border Protection, in the USA. This is awesome news, specially since a few years ago I stood for 4 hours in a queue after getting of Etihad First Class, because the CBP was furloughing. Let’s have a look at all that happened over the last week.
Jet Airways is dishing out love on Twitter, and you can tweet them to get upgrades on your tickets. Air India, on the other hand, is getting some sneaky ideas to make their program worse from where they stand already. On the other hand, if you wanted to travel in a premium cabin on the train, and you could not get a confirmed ticket, you could be flying instead (you should have been doing that already!). Emirates is getting some nice safety videos, this time in Los Angeles.
- Jet Airways giving free upgrades on Twitter
- Air India Flying Returns plans to go revenue based (on an already revenue-based program)
- Air India tickets if Rajdhani ticket does not confirm
- Video: Emirates finds their way to the LA Dodgers game
It was supposed to be over, but it isn’t. One of the best offers on Hilton HHonors points is still out there. And Club Carlson is now offering outright status matches, so if you guys want one, you should already ask for it. The details are below. IHG was selling points for a 100% bonus. They also announced a Double Up promotion.
- Club Carlson Status Matches live
- An extra week to earn 100% bonus on Hilton Hhonors points purchase
- Buy IHG Rewards Club points at 50% off
- IHG Rewards Club Announces Double Up Miles Promotion
Like I said above, India and USA are taking first steps to bring Global Entry to Indian passports. At least it has been put on paper, and we’ll see how long it takes to be implemented. I’m still waiting for my winner(s) to get back with an address so that I could send them their prize. Uber and PayTM are offering 25% off on airport rides all June
- India may get access to Global Entry this year, selectively!
- India / USA sign MoU to bring Global Entry to Indians
- Winner of United Club day passes
- Uber + PayTM 25% discount on airport rides in June 2016!
- GoAir & Air India Sale: Going soon!
More coming soon. So stick around and have a good week ahead!