One of the transfer partners for Citibank in India is Qantas Frequent Flyer Rewards. From Citi PremierMiles, you can transfer miles to Qantas at the rate of 2 PM: 1 Qantas Point, and from Citi Prestige, you can transfer miles at the rate of 1 Point : 4 Qantas Points.
Qantas miles are useful for flights on Qantas’ own metal, oneworld partners and also on Emirates, Alaska, AlItalia, Jet Airways and other partners. Now through the month, Qantas is offering a bonus in case you transfer your Citi points to Qantas.
Transfer your Citi Prestige or PremierMiles points to Qantas Points between June 1, 2016 and June 30, 2016, and you get the following bonuses:
- 30% more Qantas Points when you transfer more than 1 Million Qantas Points,
- 25% more Qantas Points when you transfer between 500K and 1 Million Qantas Points,
- 20% more Qantas Points when you transfer between 100K and 500K Qantas Points,
- 15% more Qantas Points when you transfer less than 100K Qantas Points.
Important T&C to remember include:
- Bonus Qantas Points will only be awarded for transfers of Citi Points made using Citi Points Transfer feature to Qantas Points that take place between 12:00am (Australian Eastern Standard Time) 1 June and 11:59pm (Australian Eastern Standard Time) 30 June 2016.
- Please allow up to 30 days after the offer has closed for the bonus Qantas Points to be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account with the description ‘Card Transfer Bonus’.
- Each Point Transfer must include a minimum of 1,000 ThankYou Points and any additional ThankYou Points must be in increments of 1,000.
- There is a maximum of 500,000 ThankYou Points that you can transfer per Points Transfer, and only one (1) Points Transfer can be completed to Qantas Frequent Flyer per ThankYou Member per 24 hour period.
You need to know that the bonus is offered from Qantas, so Citi may or may not send you an emailer about this.
Is it worth it?
The program adds fuel surcharges, but it does have its niches. For instance, when you want to fly around Asia, or want to fly on Emirates. Of course, there may be other uses as well, such as redeeming flights within Australia. I won’t be transferring in since I would like to sit on my stash till I have any use in mind.
Readers, would you be transferring miles to Qantas Points? Do let us know what do you feel of this promotion?