Hi guys. This past week we had a quick trip to Hyderabad. There isn’t a better city in India to experience the festivities of Ramzan and feast on Biryani and Haleem. We read in the news that due to incessant rains in Mumbai a number of flights were delayed and cancelled over the last 48 hours. Fortunately, we are back now back to base in Mumbai, enjoying a lazy Sunday at home. Coming over to all that we covered this week, here is the weekly recap.
On our way from Mumbai to Hyderabad we made a pit stop at the GVK lounge and were pleasantly surprised by the new addition. Ajay could not help not sharing it with all of you.
Like most of you would know, we spent a week in June vacationing with family in Nepal. We have now started publishing the details of the trip. Watch out this space to learn about various aspects of our experiences in Nepal.
- Nepal Diaries: Introduction
- Nepal Diaries: 9W 266 Mumbai–Kathmandu, Jet Airways Economy (B737)
- Nepal Diaries: Hyatt Regency Kathmandu
Air India recently introduced new fares that are comparable to train fares and can be booked a few hours before departure. Right after Jet Airways’ tie-up with Subway and Krispy Kreme, this week Vistara announced a new addition in their in flight menu.
- Air India offering Spot booking fares at train prices (but doesn’t work!)
- Vistara to serve Starbucks on their flights!
Loyalty Program News
There is good news from both JetPrivilege and Etihad Guest. Marriott has launched a new market place where reward points can now be redeemed for experiences. For all those of you who are aviation geeks, SPG and Qatar Airways in partnership are giving away a chance to win a passes for two (2) to the Farnborough International Airshow with VIP access to the Qatar Airways Chalet, happening this weekend.
- A cheap way to extend your JPMiles validity for two years
- Etihad Guest transfer bonus on conversion through July 2016
- Hilton HHonors’ Hotel Category Changes for Summer 2016 announced
- Marriott Rewards launches Experiences
- An awesome SPG Moments experience for #avgeeks : Farnborough 2016
Credit Card News
HDFC has yet again extended the 10x rewards on spends through July and is giving an opportunity to earn 2x reward points on all sorts of spends over the weekend. On the other hand Citi is offering a 15% discount to its cardholders all through July on booking a stay via Airbnb.
- HDFC Bank Credit Cards double points on weekend spends
- HDFC Bank Diners Club extends 10x Rewards through July 2016
- Citi’s 15% discount for Airbnb
That’s all this week. Have a good week ahead and folks in India, stay safe. Monsoon is Coming !