Hello from Delhi everyone, where we just brought the rains over. It has been an interesting few days with lots of news in the Indian airline loyalty space. Last night while we were enjoying drinks at a bar we got the not-so-good news about Jet drastically realigning the JetPrivilege program. Ajay has had a sleepless night and is working on figuring out the detailed impact of the changes announced. Apart from this, there have been some interesting announcements on co-branded partnerships and promotions. A couple of days ago, we opened a giveaway for United Club passes where we asked you pick your favourite Hyatt stay. We’ve announced the winner yesterday, Congratulations Emman!
Our trip report for week long vacation in Nepal this June is finally complete. Read about the various aspects of our experiences in Nepal here.
- Nepal Diaries: Introduction
- Nepal Diaries: 9W 266 Mumbai–Kathmandu, Jet Airways Economy
- Nepal Diaries: Hyatt Regency Kathmandu
- Nepal Diaries: Dining at Bhojan Griha
- Nepal Diaries: The Namobuddha Resort
- Nepal Diaries: Kathmandu Executive Lounge
- Nepal Diaries: 9W 265 Kathmandu – Mumbai, Jet Airways, B737
Jet Privilege and Club Vistara have both been in the news for revamping their loyalty programs. While JetPrivilege has just announced last night some major changes, we are yet to see what Club Vistara’s revamped program will look like. Apart from this Hyatt Gold Passport, IHG Rewards and Hilton HHonors are all offering bonuses on points purchases. Read below which purchases make sense and which ones don’t.
- JetPrivilege goes pseudo-revenue based! Cheap fares & Platinums get the stick!!!
- Club Vistara to be reworked by August 2016
- 30K IHG Rewards Club points to book direct, 1K just for registering!
- Hyatt offering up to 40% Bonus on purchasing points through July 2016
- Bonuses on Purchase of Hilton HHonors Points
Credit Card News
This past week was the launch of Axis Bank and Vistara’s co-branded credit card. Find out how you can earn more points with Club Vistara without flying. Le Club AccorHotels are running a promotion in conjunction with MasterCard where members can get extras while booking Accor Hotels through their MasterCard.
- Vistara Axis Bank Credit Cards launched. The most power packed now!
- Book AccorHotels with MasterCard and enjoy Partner Rewards
DGCA has come out with some new rules for airlines about cancellation of tickets which are issued in India. In an attempt to deter boarding delays due to hand baggage issues Jet Airways will now charge for excess cabin baggage. On the other hand during the launch of Axis Bank and Vistara’s credit card launch, Vistara’s CCO did not shy away from expressing Vistara’s ambition to conquer the international skies.
- New ticket cancellation rules w.e.f. August 1
- Jet Airways’ to charge for excess cabin baggage
- Vistara’s international ambitions now showing!
Oh, and last week Boeing celebrated their 100th birthday. Their frenimies at Airbus sent them this sweet message to celebrate their 100th! It’s sweet and sour in a way!
Have a great weekend ahead and happy catching up on all the news this week.