We are 5! It has been humbling to receive the support of everyone who has been visiting us day on day over the years, and I’m very proud that we’ve built a community of Indian frequent flyers together like never before. I know there are cryptic underground clubs where people talk in code, but out here we love to simplify everything and bring it to you.
I’d like to thank you for your support to us over a period of time. And feed your desire to travel some more. Or both. To this effect, we’re going to be running 5 weeks of contests, with 5 lovely prizes from our partners for all of you. Contests will start on Sunday 0000 India time, and close on 2359 India time on the coming Saturday. On Monday, we will announce the results of the giveaway. Sunday we announce the next prize as well! Our first contest just got over, and it’s time for the second one.
Week 2: Roundtrip Tickets for 2 anywhere on the Jet Airways Network
Regular readers would know that Jet Airways is the airline I use the most. They are my preferred carrier domestically and outside the country as well. There are multiple reasons for me to like them. The primary reason is the network. They go everywhere I need to go for work or leisure. Here is their extensive route map.
Jet Airways has a comfortable 777 service which will fly to Amsterdam shortly, they already operate on the A333 there. Additionally, they have the 777 going to Singapore & Dubai soon. Besides, I suspect they will be growing to new locations soon. Their herringbone product on the A332 is my favourite, but they have comfortable seats on all their planes.
For Jet Airways, they’ve crisply summarized their new phase of growth as #GetMore. They started to offer standby on earlier flights. They offer free upgrades these days to surprise people, including on Twitter. You will be watching in-flight entertainment on your phone or iPad soon with Jet Airways. Jet Airways also recently took the lead on bringing in Krispy Kreme and Subway for domestic catering. I now have used the ability to cancel tickets for free within 24 hours a few times and saved tonnes of money, after all plans change. What more, there are things I haven’t written about, but Jet Airways got on there first. Fare Lock is one such instance. Bonus miles for booking online, and all the extra JPMiles with Jet Airways’ co-brand cards is another.
To celebrate 5 years of LiveFromALounge, Jet Airways extended us the opportunity to offer one of our readers 2 return trip tickets on any Jet Airways destination. The winner could have their pick of places. They could win 2 return tickets, Economy Class, on any direct route on the Jet Airways network in India, or 1 return ticket, Economy Class, on any Jet Airways international station and 1 return ticket, Economy Class, on any direct route on the Jet Airways network in India.
So, you could do a Mumbai to Paris trip on Jet Airways, and connect with your Delhi to Mumbai ticket on it. Alternatively, you could take your special one for a trip of two passengers to a destination on Jet Airways you’ve always been wanting to go to. The only thing you got to pay for, is the taxes on the ticket.
In it to win it?
Jet Airways will connect with the winner and help them book the tickets. Remember, the tickets are free but the taxes are to be paid by the winner. I’d advise you to have a look at the terms and conditions mentioned below.
There are many a ways you can enter to win, with each method counting as an entry. Please use the Rafflecopter widget below to be eligible for the contest:
- Leave a comment on this blog post, answering the question, “Where in the world you’d go if you had an opportunity to fly Jet Airways?”
- Follow @livefromalounge on Twitter
- Follow @firstclasswife on Twitter
- Tweet about where do you want to go with the giveaway, and mention @livefromalounge, @firstclasswife and @jetairways in the contest along with #Liveat5
- Visit LiveFromALounge on Facebook, and like or comment on the giveaway post
- Refer a friend, who could also participate in the contest.
You definitely have to comment on this post, but all the other options are optional and give you more chances to win the contest.
All the entries need to come in through the RaffleCopter widget shown below:
Here are the T&C you need to keep in mind:
The prize will be “2 return tickets, Economy Class, on any direct route on the Jet Airways network in India” or “1 return ticket, Economy Class, on any Jet Airways international station and 1 return ticket, Economy Class, on any direct route on the Jet Airways network in India”
- Decision of the Editorial staff of LiveFromALounge & Jet Airways is final
- Open to LiveFromALounge readers, no geographic restrictions.
- Giveaway ends Saturday, August 6, 2016, at 2359 India Time.
- Winner will be selected randomly and be notified by email. Winners have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen.
- All the other costs with respect to the stay(s) made by the winner on these tickets will be covered by yourself.
- The tickets will have no monetary value and cannot be exchanged or refunded for cash.
- Facebook and Twitter are in no way associated with this giveaway. By providing your information on this form, you are sharing it with me and this information won’t be sold to a third party.
Terms for the Prize Ticket:
- The Prize Ticket will be a direct flight operated by Jet Airways and no connecting flight is eligible for this Prize Ticket. Codeshare or interline flights are not eligible for this Prize Ticket.
- All applicable taxes on the Prize Tickets will be borne by the winner.
- It is the sole responsibility of the Winner to identify and obtain all necessary travel documents / visa and have them available when necessary. No refunds will be given to individuals who fail to bring proper documentation.
- The Winner will be solely responsible for arranging all travel related expenses and logistics to the origin of the complimentary flight.
- No travel will be permitted between (Aug 12-16, 2016) and the ticket will be valid upto September 30, 2016.
- Winners’ Prize Ticket will be emailed upon confirmation of travel details.
- The Prize Ticket will have definite travel dates as specified by the winner and open dated tickets will not be issued.
- Prize Ticket once issued, will be non-re-routable, non-endorsable, and non-transferable; and date changes will not be permitted.
- Prize Ticket cannot be upgraded to the higher class of travel against Upgrade Vouchers, JPMiles or by paying difference in fare.
- The carriage in respect of the Prize Tickets is subject to Jet Airways’ regulations relating to the Conditions of Carriage and all other terms and conditions with respect to Jet Airways’ policies and procedures.
- Minimum of two (2) weeks’ notice will have to be given by the winner to Jet Airways to issue the Prize Ticket.
- The Prize Ticket will not be eligible for accrual of any JP Miles.
- Prize Ticket is not transferable and cash or any other compensation in lieu of Prize will not be offered. Prize Ticket is non-exchangeable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- The Prize Ticket will be awarded subject to verification and fulfilment of all the terms of the Contest.
- The decision of LiveFromALounge & Jet Airways shall be final and binding on all the Contestants and is non-contestable.
- The Prize Ticket is subject to Income Tax/TDS, if applicable, as per the Income Tax laws or any other taxes/levies as may be applicable as per the prevailing applicable laws in India, and the same shall be borne by the winner directly. Jet Airways shall have no liability with respect to the same.
- The Winner is responsible for all other expenses including but not limited to spending money, meals, drinks, transfers, laundry charges, activities, incidentals, taxes, energy surcharges, gratuities, service charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
Thanks to Jet Airways for sponsoring the giveaway, and thank you all for reading. Keep participating and coming back for some more cool prizes to be won.
Best of Luck!