Starwood Preferred Guest has launched a new redemption promotion called Paradise is Closer. Under this promotion SPG members can redeem award nights at 35% off at 8 of Starwood’s most expensive resorts.
This promotion is valid for bookings and stays between September 1, 2016 and February 28, 2017 and no black out dates apply for this discounted redemption offer.
The 8 participating resorts are:
- W Retreat Koh Samui, Thailand
- The Naka Island, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Phuket, Thailand
- Vana Bella, a Luxury Collection Resort, Koh Samui, Thailand
- W Maldives, North Ari Atoll, Maldives
- The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia
- Le Meridien Bora Bora, French Polynesia
- Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, a Luxury Collection Resort, Dubai, UAE
- Mystique, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Santorini, Greece
Redemption nights start at 26,000 Starpoints in Thailand and French Polynesia and go all way up to 58,500 Starpoints for the W Retreat and Spa in the Maldives. You can also combine the 5th night free offer along with the 35% off which will further bring down the cost by another 20%. Hence a 5 night stay at The Naka Island, Phuket that usually costs 1,60,000 Starpoints can be availed at 1,04,000 Starpoints. That’s a very sweet deal !
Another great thing is that stays under this promotion will qualify as eligible nights or stays required towards earning elite membership status.
Though something to keep in mind is that award nights under this offer cannot be booked online and you will need to call the SPG contact center for reservations and quote the offer. Also, there is no upper limit on the numbers of times you can use this offer to make award bookings during the promotion period.
If you have been planning on redeeming your Starpoints for a vacation then this is a great promotion to make use of. Also, don’t forget to try your luck in SPG’s daily game promotion which is running until September 12, 2016. Who knows you could be the lucky winner of 50,000 Starpoints and be able to use those points towards a discounted redemption here.