JetPrivilege is currently offering a 30% bonus on converting your points from other transfer partners to JPMiles. This offer has been made twice before in the current year, so maybe third time is the charm for you to move to make a conversion.
Tiered Bonuses, valid till October 20, 2016
The bonus being offered by JetPrivilege is a tiered bonus, which means, you get a different percentage amount of bonus depending on the number of miles you will transfer in. You need to register for the offer before you transfer your points, here.
Here are the tiered bonuses on offer:
- 5,000 – 9,999 JPMiles: 10% bonus
- 10,000 – 29,999 JPMiles: 20% bonus
- 30,000 onwards: 30% bonus
Not just that, if you are converting from other partners to JPMiles for the first time, you also get a 500 JPMiles bonus (only if you transfer at least 5000 JPMiles)
You can convert points from the following Hotels & Bank Partners into JPMiles for being eligible to receive the bonuses:
- American Express (Minimum 800 MR Points, convert to 400 JPMiles 2:1)
- Axis Bank (Minimum 300 eDGE reward points, convert to 60 JPMiles 5:1)
- Citi Bank UAE (Minimum 1000 Prestige/PremierMiles, convert to 1000 JPMiles 1:1)
- Emirates Islamic Bank (Minimum 15000 Emirates Islamic Rewards/Abu Dhabi Rewards, convert to 1500 JPMiles 10:1)
- HDFC Bank
- IndusInd Bank
- Kotak Mahindra Bank
- SBI (8000 SBI Reward points, convert to 2000 JPMiles 4:1)
- Standard Chartered Bank (India and Sri Lanka)
- YES Bank
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited (XTRAPOWER Fleet Card Program) (Minimum 80,000 points, convert to 702 JPMiles 1000:1)
- Payback (Minimum 500 points, convert to 100 JPMiles 5:1)
- Thanks Again (Minimum 10 points, convert to 10 JPMiles 1:1)
- Le Club Accorhotels (Minimum 4000 points, convert to 2000 JPMiles 2:1)
- Carlson Rezidor hotels (Minimum 2000 points, convert to 250 JPMiles 8:1)
- Hyatt Hotels (Minimum 5000 points, convert to 2000 JPMiles 2.5:1)
- ITC Hotels (Minimum 500 points, convert to 625 JPMiles 1:1.25)
- Marriott Hotels (Minimum 10,000 points, convert to 1500 JPMiles 10:1.5)
- Hilton Hotels (Minimum 10,000 points, convert to 1,000 JPMiles 10:1)
- Shangri-La Hotels (Minimum 2,500 points, convert to 2,500 JPMiles 1:1)
- Starwood Preferred Guest (Minimum 1,500 points, convert to 1,500 JPMiles 1:1)
- Wyndham Rewards (Minimum 6,000 points, convert to 1,500 JPMiles 4:1)
The promotion is valid in India, UAE and Sri Lanka. Like you will see, I have not put values for most banks, where they may have different conversions for different card variants. The bonus points will come into your account by November 30, 2016. Co-branded cards issued by IndusInd Bank and HDFC Bank are not eligible for the promotion. Here are the complete T&C.
If you are short a few JPMiles for a dream reward, maybe you should. Otherwise definitely do not convert your hotel points at least to JPMiles. You would be able to get more out of your original points than with JPMiles in those cases. However, with Starwood, if you transfer 20,000 points, you will get 25,000 JPMiles, and then a 20% bonus on top of that. In the end, your mileage may vary. So do your own calculations to transfer points. Remember, the bonuses are coming from JetPrivilege, and will come after the promotion period is over.
Are you going to move some points around into JPMiles with this promotion? Interested to hear your views and comments below.