Hello from Mumbai folks. Shipra & I have been chilling out in Mumbai drinking beer at the Hyatt Gold Passport organized Oktoberfest in Mumbai yesterday. They even had a band from Germany all the way! The rest of the fortnight has been spent for me being on the treadmill, going half way around the globe and then back to the other side, first to Amsterdam and then to Bangkok. Here are all the stories you should catch up on.
You must read about the power of social media, here: When @jetairways got my back! Also, I did not know that you could use a Schengen Visa on a cancelled passport very well.
I have a lot of TRs to tell you about, but let’s focus on some of the recent ones for the time being. Last week I was in Bangkok, and this was an opportunity to dine at Gaggan, which is on the World’s best restaurant list. You must read about this one, because it is a visual treat as well. Apart from that, I discovered a new Business Class lounge at Mumbai Airport Terminal 2, before taking my flight to Amsterdam in Jet Airways’ Business Class.
- Dining at Gaggan : Asia’s Best Restaurant
- Inside the new GVK Lounge Business Class East Wing, Mumbai Airport Terminal 2
- Flight Review: Jet Airways 9W232, Mumbai – Amsterdam, Premiere (A333)
Mumbai Airport will be shut down for a few days every week for the next 6 weeks. Please figure out your flight before getting to the airport. There is news floating around that Jet Airways is in the process of forming a JV with Delta/KLM/Air France. What if this is coming true? They are also exploring how to offer wifi on their planes now. Along with other Etihad Airways Partners, they are now launching a unified loyalty product as well, which can be called the fourth frequent flyer alliance.
- Travelling through Mumbai Airport? Your schedule might be affected
- Air France / KLM / Delta may soon make a JV with Jet Airways
- Jet Airways begins examining wifi for aircraft
- Etihad Airways Partners launches unified loyalty benefits & products
- Jet Airways launching Bangalore – Singapore flights in December 2016
There are some good promotions from Hyatt & Hilton for buying points, while JetPrivilege is offering a 30% bonus on converting points and Etihad Guest 20% bonus. Also, Qantas has now tied up with Airbnb for offering you loyalty points on your stays.
- 10 Days left to Buy Hyatt Gold Passport Points at 40% Bonus
- JetPrivilege offering 30% conversion bonus
- Etihad Guest offering 20% bonus points on conversion throughout October 2016
- Hilton HHonors 100% Purchase Promotion is back
- You Can Now Earn Airline Points on Your Airbnb Stays
- Explore Cuba this December with your Starpoints & Marriott Rewards
Here is hoping you have a great week ahead and you are all set for the festive season.