Singapore Airlines’ KrisFlyer has just announced a new promotion, where they are offering 30% off on redemptions on a large number of flights for booking now, and travel between February and May 2017. The usual redemption discount for booking online is 15%, so this is a large saving on booking on SQ.
The promotion is open for booking between now and November 16, 2016 and travel dates are going to be between February 6, 2017 through May 31, 2017. For flights to Europe, blackout period is April 1 through April 30, 2017 and for Southwest Pacific, the blackout period is April 1, 2017 through May 31, 2017.
Singapore Airlines has a very competitive product in Economy, and their Premium Economy product is very good as well, although I haven’t flown PEY with them yet and this is basis feedback from others. The promotion is applicable on certain flights with Singapore Airlines and their subsidiary Silk Air. There are tonnes of those, and hence I recommend you directly look up the Singapore Airlines website here. Flights are available to/from North America, Europe, Southwest Pacific (Australasia), West Asia and Africa, North Asia and South East Asia.
Do note, Singapore Airlines has reduced their fuel surcharges recently, which should make these very competitive redemptions. When you try looking for award space, you will see some flights with a 30% discount, and others with a 15% discount applied, so you need to be careful choosing the ones you want.
Here are the important T&C:
- The promotion is only applicable for online redemption of Saver Awards in Premium Economy Class and Economy Class on selected Singapore Airlines and SilkAir operated flights. Eligible bookings can only be made through singaporeair.com. This promotion is not available through KrisFlyer Membership Services, SIA Ticket Offices, travel agents, SilkAir.com, or any other channels.
- To qualify for the promotion, tickets must be issued between 2 November to 16 November 2016, for travel between 6 February to 31 May 2017, all dates inclusive. All travel must be completed by 31 May 2017. If any part of the itinerary falls outside the applicable travel period or contains an ineligible flight, the entire itinerary will not be eligible for the promotion.
- Any change is strictly not permitted for bookings made under this promotion. Cancellation is also not permitted for partially used tickets.
- This promotion cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion.
- Taxes, fuel surcharges and fees are applicable in addition to the required redemption mileage and paid for separately by the passenger in the applicable currency.
- The discount level is only applied on the number of KrisFlyer miles required for a Premium Economy Class Saver or an Economy Class Saver award ticket. It does not apply to commercial tickets purchased with part miles, part cash. Taxes, surcharges and fees are separately charged and payable and are not subject to any discount.
This is a good promotion and if you could plan ahead for 2017, this would be a great idea to lock in a redemption on Singapore Airlines rightaway.
Would you be using this promotion to book SQ Economy or Premium Economy in the coming days?