American Express has recently launched a new Gold Card, which is essentially a Credit Card variant of their Gold charge card. The Gold Charge Card/ and the Membership Rewards Credit Card, offers 1000 Membership Rewards points for using your card 4 times a month on transactions of over INR 1000. You also get the same earning ratio and the same bouquet of reward transfer partners in the Gold Karat membership collection.The card comes at the same fee as well, with INR 1000 for the first year and INR 4500 second year onwards.
Now, American Express is offering a free for life card to new to bank customers, as long as you apply by November 30, 2016.
Here are the requirements you need to fulfill:
- Income Criteria: INR 6 Lakhs onwards per annum. To get the card free for life, you need to be earning INR 12 Lakhs upwards per annum (ex any incentives/bonuses).
- You must hold a credit card of another bank issued in India.
- You should not have held any Personal cards with American Express India in the past (including charge cards as well as credit cards).
- You also renege your privilege to earn any welcome or renewal gifts for being a non-fee paying customer.
- You need to be a resident of residents of Delhi/NCR, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Indore, Coimbatore, Chandigarh, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Surat & Vadodara
Further, this offer only takes applications online. You need to complete your application as well as upload your KYC documents online, and you would also be sent an INR 1000 voucher from Amazon.in for getting an online approval of the card. Here is the link to the online application.
I think this is a great promotion from American Express, and if you have been on the fence for joining the American Express member base, you should take this opportunity to get their card free because Amex does not do free for life cards much any more.
Will you be applying for the free-for-life Amex Membership Rewards Card?
(P.S.: No referral links here)