Hyatt Hotels is an American hotel company that started its first hotel named, the Hyatt House at Los Angeles Airport in 1957. In 60 years, Hyatt has expanded its footprint across 54 countries with 680 hotels worldwide.
This this series of posts we will cover :
- Introduction to the World of Hyatt
- What’s each World of Hyatt membership status worth
- How you can earn World of Hyatt points
- Redeeming and Using Award points
Hyatt’s currently operates its hotels under 11 brands. These can be segregated into 5 categories depending on their service levels :
Full Service Hotels
- Park Hyatt – These are Hyatt’s topmost luxury hotels located in premier destinations around the world, like the Park Hyatt New York and the Park Hyatt Goa. Apart from staying at the Park Hyatt in Sydney and Washington, we’ve stayed at all the three Park Hyatt hotels in India located in Goa, Hyderabad, Chennai
- Grand Hyatt – A notch below the Park Hyatt, Grand Hyatt hotels are usually large and luxurious. For example, the Grand Hyatt in Goa that has 300+ rooms versus the Park Hyatt Goa that is smaller in size with 250 rooms.
- Andaz – The only brand without a Hyatt in the name, Andaz hotels are boutique style and exhibit understated luxury. We’ve stayed at the Andaz in West Hollywood LA as well as the Andaz in Delhi. Andaz hotels offer casual chic service and the brand resonates with the upscale millennials.
- Hyatt Regency – The Hyatt Regency, HongKong was Hyatt’s first brand to travel outside the US. Also known as Hyatt’s flagship brand these are mostly mid to large sized hotels that cater to both leisure and business travelers. Hyatt Regency hotels are located in close proximity of airports and convention centers.
- Hyatt – These are smaller hotels with an average room size of 150. In India after the acquisition of Ista, Hyatt renamed all Ista hotels to Hyatt.
- Hyatt Centric – Newest in the portfolio, these are new age trendy hotels designed for business and vacation travelers. The first Hyatt Centric hotel opened its doors in September last year in Peru.
Select Service Hotels:
- Hyatt Place – These are smaller size hotels offering basic service levels. India has 5 Hyatt Place’s with the latest one opening in Rameshwaram in April 2017.
Extended Stay Hotels :
- Hyatt House – With much of these located in the US, all guest rooms at Hyatt House come with a living room and kitchen. These hotels operate like service apartments.
All Inclusive Resorts :
- Hyatt Zilara – is an adults only all-inclusive resort.
- Hyatt Ziva – are all inclusive family resorts situated at prime beach destinations.
The chain operates a total of 6 resorts under Zilara and Ziva brands that are located in Jamaica and Mexico only.
- Hyatt Residence Club are timeshare properties located in some of the most aspiring holiday destinations such as the Hyatt Grand Aspen Colorado and the Hyatt Sunset Harbour Florida.
India Footprint :
The first Hyatt brand to enter India was the Hyatt Regency, Delhi in 1983. In spite of Hyatt being present in India for the last 30 years, the brand has a small footprint of 25 hotels with 2 more due to open this year. These properties are spread across 19 cities and out of the 11 brands there are 6 present in India namely: Park Hyatt, Grand Hyatt, Andaz, Hyatt Regency, Hyatt and Hyatt Place.
Even though Hyatt has a small footprint, it has some stunning hotels. Not only that during my stay at various Hyatt hotels, I’ve noticed that the Hyatt service standard is extremely impressive. Not to miss that that they have always had a very strong elite programs and hotels that make for real valuable point redemption.
In the next post we will take a close look at the newly revamped World of Hyatt program and analyse what each status is worth. Also, don’t forget to participate in our giveaway and have a chance to win yourself Hyatt’s top tier Globalist status for 2 years.