Ajay and I are currently staying at the JW Marriott near Mumbai Airport, and thanks to Ajay’s Marriott Gold status we’ve been upgraded to an Executive Suite. That’s just one benefit of having an elite status with a hotel loyalty program. Other benefits that elite members enjoy are complimentary breakfast, late-check out and access to the executive lounge. These benefits may differ from program to program however.
Club Carlson, the loyalty program of Carlson Rezidor hotels that runs hotels under the Radisson, Radisson Blu, Park Inn, Country Inn and other brands is offering a one-time status match. Depending on your elite status with a competing brand, the group is presently matching Gold and Silver tier. You cannot currently status match to Club Carlson’s top tier Concierge status and can only earn it by staying at one of their hotel brands.
Here is a list of hotel loyalty programs that can be matched to Club Carlson elite tiers:
- Le Club Accor – Accor Hotels
- Choice Privileges – Choice Hotels
- World of Hyatt – Hyatt Hotels
- IHG Rewards Club – Intercontinental Hotels
- Jumeirah Sirius – Jumeirah Hotels
- Marriott Rewards – Marriott International
- Melia Rewards – Melia Hotels
- Rotana Rewards – Rotana Hotels
- Starwood Preferred Guest – Starwood Hotels
If you have an elite status with any of the above hotel groups, then all you’ll have to do is send an email to email@example.com with “Status Match” in the subject line and the following details:
- Your full name
- Your Club Carlson membership number
- Name of the other hotel loyalty program you want a status match from
- Membership number & elite tier level of the hotel loyalty program
- Enclose a (PDF or JPG) copy of your membership card with the other hotel loyalty program
Club Carlson has 4 tiers of membership level starting with Red, Silver, Gold and Concierge being the highest. This status match is available for Silver and Gold tiers only. Apart form complimentary room upgrades, discount on food & beverages, early check-in and late check-out, Club Carlson Silver members earn 15% bonus points and Gold members are eligible to 35% bonus points on all eligible stays. Gold does not even get you free breakfast like it does in Marriott and Hilton, so it isn’t the best status out there, but some status is better than nothing for that odd stay.
It’s always worth while having an elite status with as many hotel loyalty programs and this is one is coming free with no effort or additional spend. Club Carlson Gold status usually comes by completing 35 nights or 20 stays in a calendar year. As for the brands footprint, it has over a 1000 hotels across 100 countries. Not just this there are over a 100 Carlson Rezidor hotels spread across 70 cities in India alone.
I’ve already sent a request for my status match. Are you going to request for a Club Carlson elite status?