Qatar Airways has introduced a new promotion which allows you to get your way to half million miles (500,000). The magic number is not asking for much, but if you are an aviation geek like some of you I know are, you’d be game for it.
Qatar Airways is offering 500K miles for anyone who is going to take all their inaugural flights between August 1, 2017 and March 31, 2018. It is a bit like a game they are playing, except we don’t know all the rules of the game yet. Even other gamified promotions such as IHG Accelerate put out the goalpost at the start.
For instance, all we know is that QR is launching Sohar (12/08), Prague (21/08) and Kiev (28/08) in August 2017.
Here are the terms & conditions you need to know:
- Offer is valid for main members.
- Family members are excluded from this offer.
- Travel period: 1 August 2017 – 31 March 2018.
- Free of charge (FOC) and Award tickets are not eligible.
- Members must fly all QR first flights to or from new destinations to be eligible for the bonus Qmiles.
- Please ensure you quote your Privilege Club membership number at the time of booking.
- 500,000 Qmiles will be added to the members account by 31 March 2018.
Now, like I said, given that we don’t know the rules of the game, it may not be a feasible promotion, but it is definitely an interesting promotion. To add to it, you get QMiles, which is not the same as getting AAdvantage Miles lets say. And by doing this promotion, QR wins at the end because for sure everyone who is going all in is going to give them revenue for sure. Which is not a bad deal for them in the end.
Are you tempted to take part? I’ll be out of your way, I promise.