Marriott recently announced the rollout of its new Club Marriott program in the Asia-Pacific region. Club Marriott is a paid membership and an easy way to enjoy dining, spa and other privileges at participating Marriott hotels in the region.
Club Marriott is similar to some of the other hotel chain’s dining programs, such as Taj Epicure.
Members get discounts and dining certificates for group dining and can use their personal dining credits across participating restaurants, receive welcome amenities, room discounts on stays, upgrades, and spa vouchers at participating hotels. There is also birthday offers with special discounts during the birthday month as well as access to exclusive member events.
Club Marriott India
There are 32 Marriott & Starwood hotels across 17 Indian participating in the program. The membership is three-tiered and the fee for the base level depends on the hotel you sign up with. For instance, if you are going to sign up with the Courtyard Agra, the fee is INR 8999 plus taxes. In Chandigarh, the price is INR 10000 plus taxes. But in Aerocity Delhi, the JW Marriott is offering three tiers: INR 12,500/INR 17,500/INR 27,500 plus taxes. The first one only gets you base benefits, the second tier gets you one free room night, and the third one gets you one free night in a Suite.
Some of the benefits will be standard across all participating hotels in India :
- Up to 20% discount on Best Available Rates when booking base category rooms across hotels in India.
- 20% discount on food & beverage bill at restaurants, applicable for up to a maximum of 10 guests.
- 5 vouchers offering 30% discount on base category rooms, valid for a stay of maximum 2 nights per voucher. Meaning if you book 1 stay for 4 nights at the JW Marriott Mussoorie under this offer, you will use up 2 vouchers.
You also get benefits across 250 hotels across the Asia Pacific:
- Up to a 20% off on the food and beverage bill at the restaurants for up to a maximum of ten (10) guests. Savings on premium wines and spirits are offered at select hotels only.
- Up to a 20% off on the Weekend Best Available Rates. (Subject to availability)
Then there are benefits exclusive to the hotel you sign up with as well. For example, at the JW Marriott Bengaluru, you get a 20% discount on Sunday Brunch for 20 people.
The Club Marriott membership combines the earlier programs from Marriott and Starwood into one, and banks on having you frequently visit for dining rather than just for a stay. I’m pondering about jumping on it, but still trying to figure out if the Marriott and SPG Platinum Status would be good enough for the benefits which we’d get anyways during our stays.
Have you signed up for the Club Marriott program? Do share your experience with us?