HDFC Bank and Jet Airways have offered the only mileage earning co-branded debit card in the Indian market since 2013. Here are the salient features of the card:
- 1000 JP Miles as enrolment bonus, 2000 JP Miles on first use.
- INR 750 as discount voucher on round-trip booking.
- 2000 JP Miles on renewal every year.
- 2 JP Miles for every INR 150 spent and 4 JP Miles for every INR 150 spent on Jet Airways.
- MasterCard Lounge Access.
- 5% off on domestic & international air tickets booked on jetairways.com
The fee for this card was INR 1000 per annum, and free for the first year to HDFC Bank’s Premium Banking members (Classic, Preferred and Imperia).
However, HDFC Bank has now dropped the fee for the card, and offering it with an annual fee of INR 500 from now on.
Additionally, if you choose to swap your existing HDFC Bank Debit Card for the JP Debit Card via net banking, you earn an additional 500 JP Miles if you complete the process till January 31, 2015.
I think this is a sweet reduction, and makes the case for everyone to have one of these cards if they use a debit card for most purchases.
Would you help yourselves to a JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Debit Card now that the price has dropped?