Air India received its first Boeing 787-8 airplane a couple of weeks back, and started to put it on domestic service after some confusions. The Aeroblogger website carries an interesting guest post, which is a trip report on the Delhi-Bangalore segment served by the plane.
In the meanwhile, Air India received its second Dreamliner VT-AND in mid-September as well. Word is that VT-ANI, the first Dreamliner built in Charleston will be also handed over to Air India shortly.
Air India is picking up good loads at least on the Delhi-Bangalore flight of the 787. The trip report hints to that, and also a pilot who said recently AI to Bangalore was going with 244 pax on board.
Keeping that in mind, Air India cancelled an earlier plan to put the second 787 on the Delhi-Dubai-Delhi segment and is now going to use it for domestic flights as well. This makes Delhi-Bangalore and v.v. twice daily, and one turn on the Delhi – Kolkatta route as well. Here is the plan for Bangalore and Kolkata as per AirlineRoutes.net:
Delhi – Bangalore
AI803 DEL0635 – 0910BLR 788 D
AI403 DEL1630 – 1910BLR 788 D
AI505 BLR1010 – 1225DEL 788 D
AI404 BLR2010 – 2245DEL 788 D
Delhi – Kolkata
AI020 DEL1400 – 1555CCU 788 D
AI701 CCU1700 – 1910DEL 788 D
- Air India’s first revenue flights of the Boeing 787
- Air India’s 787 first revenue flight on DEL-MAA 19 Sept ’12!
- Why I am not too hopeful with the Air India 787 induction?!
- The Jinx is broken. Air India has been delivered a Boeing 787-8!
- A first look inside the Boeing 787 Dreamliner which will go to Air India