I’ve been wondering a while about how the ‘Wheel of Fortune’ was going to be honoured by Jet Airways, and some answers had begin to emerge when the complimentary credit card mailers were sent out last week to those who picked HDFC Bank.
Now, I got an official response from Jet Airways a couple of days back and I am reproducing the relevant portions for you here below:
This is with reference to your feedback on Twitter and your telephonic conversation with my colleague ____ at the JetPrivilege Service Centre.
Allow us to respond to your queries point wise:-
1. All those JetPrivilege members who had participated in the Wheel Of Fortune Contest and had chosen any one of our 3 new co-brand credit card banking partners i.e. HDFC, ICICI and Amex, 1000 JPMiles will be credited in the JetPrivilege membership account in lieu of the same.
2. Kindly note, incase you have selected Amex while participating in the Wheel Of Fortune Contest, 1000 JPMiles will be credited to your JetPrivilege membership account once we have finalized our Partnership with Amex.
3. Select winners who have participated in the Wheel of Fortune Contest will enjoy the benefit of the first year fee waiver on the new co-brand credit card selected by them, once their credit card is approved by the bank. We are glad to confirm that your JetPrivilege number is one among them.
AJ, we trust the above is in line with the information you are looking out for.
So, to put a long story short, everyone gets those free miles when the bank they chose actively starts to offer cards. In this case, HDFC Bank is done and ICICI Bank cards will be delivered next week onwards. American Express Cards will be offered a short while after, from the information I have from various sources.
As to how did they decide who gets the card free for the first year or not, those who participated in the first 2-3 days of the contest will get the fee waiver for year 1, since after that Jet Airways changed the terms and made it ‘1000 JP Miles for those who choose right’ kind of contest. I had picked Amex at that point of time, and hence the fee waiver for me. If you’re in a similar situation with HDFC Bank, you should have heard from Jet Airways by now. ICICI Bank should follow soon.
I’m glad this is over, and I’m hoping you’re minting miles left right and centre by now!
- Finally, Jet Airways makes good free co-branded credit cards for ‘Wheel of Fortune’
- Did you get your Jet Airways “Wheel of Fortune” prize yet?
- 1-year fee waiver on the yet-to-be-announced Jet Airways co-branded credit card