Citibank PremierMiles has been working quietly behind the scenes on getting the product to be competitive. They frequently add earn & burn partners who offer 10 PremierMiles per Rs. 100, instead of the normal 4 PremierMiles per Rs. 100 that all non-airline transactions earn.
As a part of this, the newest 10 PremierMiles / Rs. 100 to be added is GoIbibo.com, an online travel agent which has signed up to be giving away 10 PremierMiles for every Rs. 100 spent on their website towards airline bookings, hotel bookings, bus tickets & hotel packages. As a part of this tie-up, all reservations made via GoIbibo will automatically be credited with 10 Citi PremierMiles in the same billing cycle. However, the promotion is only valid for payments made online and not via the call centre, and has a last date of December 31, 2013.
The tie-up between the two is also sweet from the perspective that it offers a redemption option, for you to be able to redeem PremierMiles on reservations made at GoIbibo.com. Though I personally do not appreciate the fixed redemption rate of INR 50 = 100 PremierMiles, because we’ve seen better in the past, this is an option for those of you who’d like to burn your mileage earned, and have options. Here is how it works according to screenshots posted by GoIbibo, click here to access actual file or click below to zoom in
Note that you now have the following options to burn your Citibank PremierMiles.
- Transfer 1:1 to Etihad, Air India, Cathay Pacific, British Airways, Delta, Thai Airways, Singapore Airlines frequent flyer programs
- Burn by making reservations for flights & hotels at premiermiles.co.in
- Burn by making reservations on JetAirways.com or JetKonnect.com and redeeming miles @ 1 PM = 50 paise
- Burn by paying for Indigo flights @ 1 PM = 50 paise on the Indigo website (continued for good)
- Burn by redeeming at GoIbibo.com @ 1 PM = 50 paise on the Indigo website like described above
- PremierMiles devalued for good by Citibank
- Sunday Plastic: The ‘new’ Citibank Premier Miles Credit Card