I almost thought I was nuts to have imagined that HDFC Bank and Jet Airways announced last year that they would introduce co-branded Debit Cards as a part of their alliance. There was no word from either party for a whole year after launching a credit card, and now it comes. On the 1st of July, HDFC Bank and Jet Airways finally launched a JetPrivilege HDFC Bank World Debit Card.
Like I mentioned earlier, debit cards are a bigger market in India than credit cards, and a lot of people do not like to borrow to spend. And HDFC Bank would be the first debit card in the Indian market to offer a debit card which earns miles on swiping with debit cards.
The product itself is very straightforward, and not as high-earning potential with miles like an ICICI Bank Jet Airways credit card, but if you’re the debit card person, this still gets you miles for your money.
Here is a quick roundup of the features offered on the HDFC Bank Jet Airways debit card:
- On signup, you get 1,000 JPMiles as enrolment bonus, and 2,000 JPMiles on the first swipe, within 90 days of Debit Card issuance date.
- You also get a Rs. 750 discount voucher for booking return tickets on www.jetairways.com
- On renewal, you get 2000 JPMiles and another Rs. 750 discount voucher for booking of return tickets on www.jetairways.com
- For regular spends, you get 2 JPMiles on every Rs. 150 spent on purchases at point-of-sale terminals,and 4 JPMiles on every Rs. 150 spent on purchases made on revenue tickets on www.jetairways.com or www.jetkonnect.com. Like the HDFC Bank co-branded credit cards, you don’t get any miles for spends less than Rs. 150.
- 5% off on all domestic and international air ticket bookings, made on www.jetairways.com or www.jetkonnect.com.
- Insurance Cover for personal accident insurance, fire and burglary protection and checked-bags.
- MasterCard Airport Lounge Access (for the primary card holder).
- A fuel surcharge waiver for any fuel station in India, upto Rs. 750 per month.
The debit card costs Rs. 1,000 as an annual fee. However, Jet Airways Platinum members, and HDFC Bank Preferred and Imperia customers can avail of the card at no annual fees as per this announcement on the Jet Airways website.
- Jet Airways’ HDFC Bank co-branded credit card does not raise the bar!
- Jet Airways’ announces new credit card partnerships with 3 banks
- Sunday Plastic: Jet Privilege HDFC Bank World Credit Card