At last year’s hangar visit with Jet Airways, there was discussion that Jet Airways would launch apps for the various smartphones out in the market. After all, a mobile phone strategy is not just a luxury anymore but a need for the frequent flyer who has to manage a life on the go.
However, it turned out that 9W’s initial focus was on the lower spectrum of the smartphone market, maybe they were trying to iron out the kinks by first focussing on the Windows and the Blackberry platform.
However, the good news is, that just last Friday, Jet Airways launched an Android app. Now I don’t have an Android phone to take this app for a test drive, but here are some screenshots from the Google Play store.
The app shows the following capabilities:
- Book Flights: Pay securely using your credit card. Also, save your booked itinerary for instant access later.
- JetPrivilege Loyalty Programme: Enrol or Access your JetPrivilege Account on the go
- Flight Status: Check real-time flights status by searching with your flight number, airport or route
- Flight Status Notification: Register for your flight status and get notified on any updates
- Get updates on the latest News and Special Offers
- Feedback: View our contact details and share your experience on our services.
Also, on Twitter, 9W confirmed that the iOS app would be on its way soon.
So, all you Android phones toting frequent flyers, here is an app you could use for your travels.