Airbnb is a website where you can rent out lodging offered by other hosts in their homes in the form of a room, a bed or a complete apartment by itself. They have recently entered into a tie-up with American Express in India, to offer Amex’s Indian card members a discount of 50% (upto 4000 INR) for one booking per registered member.
Here is how it works. You select a property on AirBnb, get your price quote in INR, then plug the coupon code which is AMEX#### (the #### are your Amex Card’s first 4 digits). This brings up the discount on your reservation and then you can go ahead and pay the rest of the amount. You can book all the way till June 30, 2014 for stays that are starting by December 31, 2014.
Here are the terms & conditions that are important to note:
- An American Express Cardmember for the purpose of this Offer means a person holding a Card issued in India by American Express Banking Corp, except American Express Gift Cards.
- Airbnb charges are payable in foreign currency. Foreign Currency Conversion charges of 3.5% plus applicable service tax would be levied on your transactions at Airbnb.com
- Coupon code entitles you to a discount for a single booking completed (including host acceptance) using the coupon code “AMEX####” (where “####” represents the first 4 digits of your American Express card) on or before 11.59pm India time on June 30, 2014.
- Booking must start on or before Dec 31, 2014 to qualify.
- Discount will be 50% off your booking cost (including Airbnb service fees and cleaning fees), up to a maximum discount of Rs.4,000.
- Coupon code can be used only once per registered member.
- Coupon code is not transferable and not redeemable for cash.
Bottomline: It might be a good idea to try out Airbnb with this promotion.